To: The Board of Directors of the Bacliff Municipal Utility District, Galveston County, Texas, and to all other interested parties. Notice is hereby given that the Board of Directors of the Bacliff Municipal Utility District will hold a regular meeting Monday, July 13, 2020 at 6:00 P.M. at the Bacliff Water District Office, located at 4302 12th Street. Bacliff, Texas for the purpose of consideration and action upon the following matters.
1) Call Meeting to Order
2) Approve the minutes of the June 8, 2020 Meeting
3) Approve the Financial & Investment Reports & Checks listed for bills in June.
4) Approve the Bacliff VFD Financial Reports & Monthly Minutes for June as Presented.
5) Public Comment
6) Appoint Pricing Officers and Adopt Parameter Resolution in connection with the District’s Unlimited Tax Refunding Bonds, Series 2020;
7) Approve Preliminary Official Statement for the District’s Unlimited Tax Refunding Bonds, Series 2020;
8) Adoption of an Order authorizing the issuance, sale, and delivery of the Series 2020 Refunding Bond and Bond Purchase Agreement, including delegation of authority pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 1207.007 and authorizing the Board to sign all documents relating to the sale of the Bonds;
9) Approval of Tax Certificate;
10) Appoint Paying Agent/Registrar and Escrow Agent;
11) Approval of form of Signature Identification and No-Litigation Certificate and authorize Attorney General to date upon approval of transcript and attorney to date same at closing;
12) Approve the General Certificate and related certificates for the Series 2020 Refunding Bonds;
13) Authorize Counsel and financial advisor to prepare the IRS Form 8038-G and file same with the Internal Revenue Service;
14) Consider and act on engagement letter with special tax counsel;
15) Authorize the District's attorney and the financial advisor to take all other actions and approve all documents related to the refunding bond sale.
16) Discuss/Approve Joe and Missy Meza on purchase of remainder of Lot six (6) Block Eight (8) of Clifton By the Sea Subdivision, being that approximately 25’ X 40” parcel immediately North of Meza lot Seven (7) and South of Bacliff MUD #4 Lift Station, property owned by Bacliff MUD.
17) Discuss/Approve Decker Dispose-All Contract.
18) Discuss/Approve Ordinance 2020-02, Plumbing and Rate Ordinance
19) Discuss/Vote to accept the Bacliff Fire Dept. 2019 990 Tax Return and Review as presented.
20) Engineers Report
21) Water & Plant line report
22) Discuss New and Old Business
James Wistinghausen ,General Manager
July 8, 2020
The Regular Board and Audio Zoom Meeting was called to order at 6:00pm by Vice-President Dale Patterson, at the District’s Regular Meeting Place, District Office 4302 12th Street, Bacliff, Texas.
Present:Dale Patterson, Brad Bingham, Don Rodgers, Victor Medina, Tony Poynor
Absent: Brad Bingham
Also present were: James Wistinghausen, General Manager, Yvonne Manis, Office Manager, Steve Don Carlos, District’s Attorney, Audio only Ron Bavarian, Districts Engineer
John Wade, Dennis Decker, Tonya Langham, Phillip Haskett, John Hidalgo
Call Meeting to order
The meeting was called to order and everyone stood for the Pledge to the Flag.
Approval of Minutes of the April 13, 2020 Meeting
A motion was made by Don Rodgers to approve the Minutes of the April 13, 2020 meeting, seconded by Victor Medina . Motion carried unanimously.
Approval of Financial & Investment Reports
A motion was made by Don Rodgers to approve the Financial & Investment Reports and Bills paid of the previous month, seconded by Tony Poynor. Motion carried unanimously.
Approval of Bacliff VFD March & April Financials’ as Presented
A motion was made by Tony Poynor to approve the BVFD financial statements for the months of March and April as presented, seconded by Victor Medina. Motion carried unanimously.
Phillip Haskett ask the Board what class we are in, there was a discussion and the District Attorney Steve Don Carlos will be verifying. John Wade asked questions regarding the interest rate on the refinance on the Bond. He also was concerned regarding the Street lights in additional areas. He spoke about the contract with Decker.
2019 Audit by McCall Gibson Swedlund Barfoot PLLC
Tim Applewhite discussed the Audit with the Board. A motion was made by Tony Poynor to Approve the 2019 Financial Audit by McCall Gibson Swedlund Barfoot, PLLC, seconded by Victor Medina. Motion carried unanimously.
2019 Burton Accounting, PLLC’s Independent Accountant’s Report
Tim Applewhite discussed the reason for the independent Accountant with the Board. A motion was made by Tony Poynor to approve to Engage and 2019 Independent Accountant’s Report by Burton Accounting, PLLC’s, seconded by Don Rodgers. Motion carried unanimously.
Decker Dispose All to discuss the new contract, ie. Payments, and cart deliveries.
Dennis Decker discussed with the Board members questions regarding when the new contract would be ready. James Wistinghausen let him know we had a copy of the new Amendment to the Service Agreement. He then spoke about the rate increase wanting to know when the change would be on the bills. Yvonne Manis let him know, the soonest will be on bills going out at the end of the month that are due in June. He said all carts should be delivered by the end of May to all residents that do not have a Decker trash cart. If a resident owns a Decker trash cart and would like a loaner cart too, they would need to call their Office.
Disconnection of Water & Sewer Service for Nonpayment
There was a long discussion regarding customers on the cutoff list that have been on the list for over two months and have not contacted the District or tried to pay anything on their bill. The office employees have made calls, sent doorhangers and emailed the past due customers trying to collect.
Engineer Ron Bavarian spoke from Zoom Audio to the board regarding his progress working with TxDot they found archived plans from back in the 80’s. The water line crossing hwy146 and water lines by Bacliff Villas will need to be relocated and information has been given to TxDot. He has been working with James Wistinghausen on plans regarding, Jackson Sewer drainage project and reviewing Gordy Road RV Park water and sewer plans. He said we have nothing to report on TxDot regarding Grand Ave. As for information regarding Hwy 146 down to 646 widening, work is progressing down from Kemah. He talked about spending Bond funds for future problems with the widening or other major projects.
Water and Sewer Report
James Wistinghausen presented the Water and Sewer report to the board.
New and Old Business
Yvonne Manis talked about the District receiving the last two checks from FEMA, regarding Hurricane Harvey from the hard work that Mike Morgan put in with them after Harvey Totaling $2,311.85.
She talked about the check we received early from Texas Mutual Insurance for Workers Comp. Policyholder Dividends for $4,032.89.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:07pm by Victor Medina, seconded by Don Rodgers. Motion carried unanimously.
Approved by: Vice President, Dale Patterson